These molasses, ginger cookies from Chef Jessie are simple, allergen friendly, gluten free and fun to bake! Beautiful and packed with healthy ingredients like dark molasses, ginger, cinnamon and cloves, these cookies are the perfect treat for a healthy holiday (maybe a treat for 'Santa himself').
- 1.5 sticks (170 g) unsalted butter melted, cooled
- 1 cup (220 g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (160 g) unsulphured dark molasses
- 1 egg (or sub 1/4 cup Aquafaba)
- 1.5 inch piece of minced ginger root
- 3 cups (410 g) AP Whole Grain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cloves
- (You'll also need granulated or coconut sugar; skip steps 1-4 with this ingredient)
- Combine the first set of ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and beat with a paddle
Sift the second set of ingredients together, fold into the mixture in the mixing bowl
- Put dough in an airtight container, let rest for four hours
- Place a rack in the center of the oven
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees
- Place granulated sugar in a bowl. Scoop into ¼ cup balls and roll in the sugar. Place on baking sheet, two inches apart
- Bake 10-15 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway through the baking time 180 degrees.
- Bake until crackly, lightly golden brown.
- Let cook on a wire rack before enjoying :)
Note: our Snacktivist® Foods AP Whole Grain Flour Mix comes in 4lb bags here and 1lb bags here!