Rich Cocoa Waffles (GF)(V)
Yes! Chocolate. It's appropriate any time of day. These yummy breakfast morsels are comforting and perfect for these cold mornings we wish reached at least 50 degrees (one can dream).
Beginning TODAY through March 31st, take 25% off our pancake and waffle mix on Amazon using the CODE: 25TEFF03 . Dunk them in your coffee, top them with a bright assortment of fruit and seeds or nut butter and enjoy these rich cocoa waffles.
Yields: 4-6 waffles
Time: 30 minutes
Calories: about 150
- 1 1/4 cup of Snacktivist Idaho Ivory Teff Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon of dutch cocoa
- 1/2 tablespoon of hazelnut meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In one bowl, mix wet and dry ingredients together
- Add 2-3 additional tablespoons of milk or water to create desired thickness
- Let sit for 8-10 minutes
- While batter is rising, heat waffle iron to medium heat
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle or pan
- Let cook about 4-5 minutes
- Refrigerate batter after 20 minutes to prevent fermentation
- Stack and top with coconut oil, chocolate ganache (recipe, here), maple syrup, strawberries, banana, nut or seed butter!
Don't forget! TODAY through March 31st, take 25% off our pancake and waffle mix on Amazon using the CODE: 25TEFF03