Savory Pumpkin Hummus
As individuals with a sensitive digestive system and food allergies, we often have to bring our own dishes to be able to eat at Thanksgiving!
Here's something your family will love and your body will benefit from. This rich and creamy hummus is loaded with protein, iron and healthy fats and will make a delicious addition to the table.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
• 1 pound fresh pumpkin (or 1 ½ cup puree)
• 30 ounces chickpeas* drained (2 cans)
• 3 large garlic cloves minced
• 3 tablespoons tahini
• 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup water + more as needed
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds to garnish
• Freshly ground black pepper to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the squash into half and place it on a baking sheet, and then roast it for 40 minutes, until the flesh is tender enough to be mashed into a puree.
3. Use a blender or food processor to combine chickpeas, minced garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and ½ cup of water. Blend or process for 20 seconds, scraping down the sides as needed.
4. Add the roasted (or canned) puree, ground cumin, and salt. Blend until fully combined. Add an extra tablespoon of water at a time until you get a creamy puree.
5. Transfer to your serving dish, garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Serve with veggies or slices of toasted Snacktivist® bread.
Created With love,